Vegan Pulled "Pork" Burger with Slaw
These Pulled "Pork" Burgers are a total summer bbq show stopper. Dripping with goodness, we guarantee that the meat-eaters will love these too!
For the Pulled "pork":
- 4-6 King Oyster Mushrooms (You can find these at most natural food stores, including whole foods)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 Cup D'vash date syrup
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 2 Teaspoons smoked paprika (Important to use smoked!)
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
-1 Tablespoon liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Cayenne pepper to taste
For the Vegan Coleslaw:
- 1 bag coleslaw mix, or carrots, green cabbage, and purple cabbage shredded
- 7 oz. silken tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about ½ medium lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard-1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon D'vash date syrup
- 1 teaspoon celery seed powder
Plus: 4 Pretzel buns.
1. Make the coleslaw ahead of time by shredding the vegetables finely. Add all remaining ingredients together in a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Mix and set in the fridge to cool.
2. To make the pulled Pork, start by assembling the date sweetened bbq sauce. Add all ingredients except mushrooms together in a bowl and whisk together until the sauce is smooth.
3. To shred the mushrooms, simply take a fork and drag it through the stem of the mushroom over and over again. You will quickly see how this makes meaty strips! Once all the mushrooms are shredded, add them to a pan and saute in a little oil, vegetable broth, or water. Once almost cooked add the BBQ sauce and cook for 5-10 minutes
4. Toast the buns and add the pulled "pork" and top with coleslaw.
*Recipe and images from Katie Jacques of @theallnaturalvegan
Be the first to receive updates on new arrivals, special promos and sales.