Tahini Date Sugar Cookies
Have you tried baking with tahini yet? This is your sign! The tahini gives a creamy earthy flavor to these cookies which is paired with the deep caramel flavor from the date sugar. Topped off with a sesame seed crust, these cookies are like nothing you've tried before.
- 1 ½ cup (200g) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, RT
- 1 cup (150g) Date Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 2 Tbsp Date Syrup
- Sesame seeds and flaked salt for topping
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside.
- Starting on a low setting with an electric mixer, cream the butter and date sugar. The date sugar is very fine so a towel over the bowl may be helpful until it is bound to the butter.
- Increase the mixing speed to medium-low and add in the vanilla, egg, tahini, and date syrup.
- Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to stir in the flour mixture and fold the ingredients together until there are no more dry streaks. The dough may be a bit crumbly but it will come together when pressed in your hand
- Scoop ~1 Tbsp of the cookie dough and roll into a ball before flattening slightly. Top with sesame seeds
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown
- Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with flaked salt while they’re still warm
Recipe from @weeklytreat
Be the first to receive updates on new arrivals, special promos and sales.