Gluten free, dairy free, refined-sugar free and packed with flavor, this Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake gets a big old YES from the entire D'vash team.
What's the secret? Well, there are a few, really. The crust is made entirely from Peanut Butter Date Energy Bars and the peanut butter caramel topping is quite literally the icing on the cake.
The texture comes out so light and fluffy that we can almost guarantee that you will fall in love.
Okay, enough chit chat. Let's get to baking!
Ingredients for Filling
16oz dairy free cream cheese, room temp
12oz dairy free sour cream
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla paste
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Caramel
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1. Line a 8" springform pan bottom with parchment paper. Spray the sides of the pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. Add the date bars to a food processor and pulse until a medium side crumble. Press the bars into the bottom of the pan.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
4. In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and mix on high for 5 minutes. The mixture should get pretty light and a little airy.
5. Pour into the springform pan.
6. Set the rack in the center of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. (do not open the door to the oven during this time)
7. Remove and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature, and then place in the fridge for 4 hours.
8. Before serving, place the ingredients for your caramel in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 10-15 seconds, until just slightly warm. Mix well and pour on top of the cooled cheesecake.
9. Optional - Melt a 1/2 cup dairy free hazelnut chocolate spread and drizzle on top of the cheesecake. Add some crushed up peanuts. Enjoy!
Recipe created by The Salty Cooker for D'vash Organics