Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint always puts us in the holiday mood.
These cookies are slightly crunchy on the outside and as soft as a brownie on the inside and are guaranteed to impress your friends.
- 2.5 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup date sugar
- 2/3 cup date syrup
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 2/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Optional: 1 crushed candy cane
Granulated and powdered sugar
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl
2. In a stand or hand held mixer, mix the remaining ingredients (except the candy cane) until smooth.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add optional candy cane.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap abs refrigerate over night, or for at least 8 hours (can be longer)
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Add granulated sugar to one bowl and powdered sugar to another.
8. Make 2 inch balls of dough, coat first in granulated sugar and then powdered sugar and place on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, allow to cool on the baking sheets for several minutes before cooling further on a rack.
10. Store extra in sealed container for up to a week.
Tip: Want to add a little espresso twist? Turn these into Peppermint Mocha Cookies by adding 2 teaspoons of espresso powder. The coffee flavor will bring out the chocolate even more.
Recipe from Nourished Body and Mind
Be the first to receive updates on new arrivals, special promos and sales.