Cauliflower Dates and Olives
This dish makes for a great weeknight dinner. It has a bright, briny sweetness, and is loaded with nutrients, fiber and absolutely delicious!
2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ teaspoon sea salt
10 D’vash Organics Kahlas dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup parsley, chopped (about 2 big handfuls before chopping)
¼ cup olive oil for dressing + 2 tbs for roasting cauliflower
1 tbs white balsamic vinegar (or sub red wine vinegar if you prefer)
1/3 cup preserved lemon, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
8-10 Castelvetrano olives, pitted and chopped or sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
3. Add ½ the cauliflower florets to each lined baking tray, then add ½ the chickpeas to each one as well, leaving space between the florets.
4. Drizzle cauliflower and chickpeas with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt before placing in the oven.
5. Cook for approximately 30 minutes total, turning over the cauliflower with a spatula after about 15 minutes so that it cooks evenly.
6. Remove from the oven when golden brown and soft, and allow to cool a bit.
7. While the cauliflower is in the oven (or cooling), make the dressing by adding parsley, dates, garlic, and lemon to a bowl, followed by the olive oil and vinegar. Mix dressing mixture thoroughly until well-combined and thick.
8. Plate your cauliflower and chickpeas, add chopped olives and top with the dressing.
Serve with rice as a main dish or enjoy as a side.
Recipe from Joanne Schneider
Be the first to receive updates on new arrivals, special promos and sales.