Apple Cider Chai Pie
If fall had a smell (and let's be honest here, of course it does), it would be this pie. Cloves, cinnamon, orange, nutmeg, you name it, this pie has it.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 Cup flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup tapioca powder
- 1 Tablespoon D'vash date syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons ice water ( I let about 8 ice cubes melt and added them)
For the Filling:
- 8 Cups chopped fresh baking apples
- 1/2 Cup tapioca powder - can sub cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cup apple cider
- 1/4 Cup date syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon orange peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 Teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 Teaspoon Allspice
1/4 Teaspoon cardamom
1/4 Teaspoon anise see
**For Easy version, sub the spices for 1 1/2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice**
For the Crumble:
- 3/4 Cup almond flour
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon date syrup
- 1/4 Cup apple cider
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
1. Prepare the crust by adding all ingredients together and kneading until you get one solid ball. Press the dough into a pie dish to create the crust.
2. Preheat your oven to 350. Poke holes in the bottom of the crust with a fork and bake for 15 minutes.
3. While the crust is baking, chop the apples into thin slices, and add to a frying pan. Mix together the tapioca powder and apple cider and add to the pan along with remaining filling ingredients. Cook until the apples are soft.
Prepare the crumble by simply adding all the ingredients together and mixing.
4. Remove the crust from the oven (it's okay if it has to cool for a while while the apples are cooking in the pan). Add the filling and top with the crumble. Bake for 15 more minutes, until the crumble gets golden.
5. Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Top with plant based ice cream and extra D'vash date syrup!
Recipe and images created by @theallnaturalvegan for D'vash Organics
Be the first to receive updates on new arrivals, special promos and sales.